Wednesday, June 21, 2006

20.06.2006

Today is a very special day! The date 20.06.2006 its really special. Double Double numbers!!!
I bet those 4D kaki will definately bet on the numbers. Will see if the no will come out tom.

Today is also World Refugee Day, a very special day indeed. Last year, I remember I was invited to attend World Refugee Day Celebrations at the Parlimet. This year the UNHCR organized a wonderful Carnival event for the refugees. Although it was pouring quite heavily and the grounds were muddy, that didn't stop them from having fun. Angela and I volunteer to do some face and nail painting for the kids. We had tonnes of fun. I must say that Angela is quite an artist :) Here's some pics I took...slide show for all to see.



I am very honoured and privilage to be able to join in the celebration. I have been working as a volunteer teacher at the UNHCR for the past 2 years. And I'm really glad that I had the opportunity teach and work with the refugees from Acheh and Myanmar. It's really rewarding to see the students learning and enjoying themselves. The pains and turbulence they go thru to get here its very commendable. I don't think that I'm as brave and daring as them. This year theme is "HOPE", I really hope the best for them and that they will be able to seek haven soon.

In the end, I came home with lots of photo shots with my students and a ballon hat that didn't really fit well on my head. Angela says I've got a big head hehehehehe......

No comments: